Well Aubrie and I spent alot of time together last night, can't say it was quality time though...she was puking up her toes. I was holding back her hair so it wouldn't get gookie, then of course I sanitized everything! after one of the episodes, and after tucking her back into bed, because she was too weak to walk, she said "Mom, have I ever told you how much I love you?", she said "thanks so much for being with me". Well I am not sure that helping a sick kid merits a mother of the year pin, but I thought it was a great compliment. I also thought about it in a spiritual sense. Our Heavenly Father never leaves us alone to walk through the hard times in our life. He is there through the pukey times of our life. He is there to tuck us in when we are so weak and helpless. He is there wanting to help and bless us in any and every way. As I have tried to have a attitude of gratitude, I have to admit that there have been so many times in my life where I thought I was all alone, but when I look back at my life, I can see how the Lord has always been there with me, even through the "pukiest" times of my life. This leads me to the well known/loved Poem....
Foot Prints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.”
-Mary Stevenson (c)
Just knowing that our loving Heavenly Father there and is walking beside you, and sometimes when you feel as though you are walking alone, you can look back and realize that you were being carried by him.
Aubrie also asked why she was sick, and the thought came to me that we are sometimes allowed to be sick, so that we can appreciate good health. Same applies for our trials in life. Sometimes we have trials in life, and when we look back we can see how we have grown and been strengthened because of the trial in our life.
Just another thought...When I am sick, I think back on my parents and how they selflessly gave of their time to me. Serving me and comforting me. When I get sick now as a adult, I long for the days that my dad would rock me and say while patting my head "my poor, poor Lottie."
The Lord does send us a comforter to help us, it is like a warm blankie. It is the Holy Ghost.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment